Doing some tango … after a few weeks of watching at the local club (milanga), I took a lesson.
12 weeks – $60 – so here’s my notes:
- Basic – week #1
- Weight starts on left foot
- Right foot back
- Left foot clicks against right & immediately goes to the left
- Right foot crosses in front of left (starting a diagonal walk if we wanted)
- Left foot comes around right & forward
- Right foot forward slowly
- Left foot forward slowly
- Slight pause & left foot forward
- Right foot clicks left & moves immediately to right
- Weight changes back to left
- Repeat basic till song ends
- Crosses (Diagonals) – week #2
- These are where you cross one in front or behind the other
- When calling it a front or back, we are referring to the follower – the leader is actually doing the opposite – to keep the body’s chest setup like parallelogram to the followers.
- Open steps are when the body is wide in it’s footwork and you could lean in to hug the other person.
- The open steps make good transitions from crosses & direction changes.